The secret key of raising clean and organized children is neither in luck, nor in treatment. There are rules that childcare experts and real parents know well and try to respect.
Helpfully given from cleaners Brompton, here they are:
- Start teaching them being clean and organized at an early age when they are young and they want to know everything. This may become their habit and after some practices they won’t even think why to do so. For example, you can teach them to pick their toys and place them in a basket, clean when some of their playing areas are not in order;
- Teach your children to clean as they go, this means to put their items when they finish with them and to prevent turning their room into a real big mess. If you want you can tell them that everything they use or play with has its own home, for example the basket, and needs to be there most of the time;
- Make available storage spots at the places everything belong to – clothes, toys, etc. Determine places for clothes such as drawers or plastic organizers, for toys – baskets or bins;
- Don’t only teach them, but show them in real how you do things. As cleaners in Brompton say “children learn with eyes, they remember by watching”. But have in mind that they don’t understand too complicated things or lessons, so make it easier and even funnier for better results;
- Teach your children how to wash their hands without your help, how to keep a bathroom hygiene, how to brush their teeth, etc. Show them the importance of personal cleaning;
- Remember nobody is perfect, let them make a mess sometime.